Monday, October 11, 2010

Miscellany Monday..

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters



Ahhh...it's Monday.. which means it's Miscellany Monday. You can join along here.



{1} I am finally learning how to make blog buttons. It's still taking me some time, ok, an hour or so, but it's fun. And I feel sooooo productive once the button is completed!



{2} I seriously HATE the way some people drive. You don't know how many times I have wanted to THROW a drivers handbook at people!

----> [a] BLINKERS - they are on a car for a reason! USE THEM!! I am not a mind reader. I don't know that you want in my lane or that you are turning unless you... USE YOUR BLINKERS!!!

--->[b] YIELD - yield signs are also there for a reason. FOR YOU TO YIELD...to oncoming traffic, exiting traffic..whatever the situation may be. I DO NOT have to yield to YOU if YOU have the sign. And if (which the case appears to be) you don't know what the "yield" sign means, then go pick up the drivers handbook..it's free OR go home and research it! And please...PLEASE don't look at me like I'm the crazy one because I won't stop for you who has the yield sign!
Italic
--->[c] CELL PHONES- it has come to my attention that some people are just not apt enough to drive AND talk on their phones at the same time. I am not talking about texting here... that should not be done by the driver at all!! But talking on the phone..oh my!! Why do people go in the fast lane, drive all of 35 mph and talk on the phone. I have actually witnessed people hang up and then step on the gas!! They swerve into my lane, brake for no reason and drive waaayyyy too slow! Why? If you are not capable of doing both, please...pull over and park somewhere. See, the thing is...the other people on the road, the ones actually DRIVING have some where to go, something to do. If you are not smart enough to talk AND drive, then pick one! Just ONE!



{3} I bought all these crape myrtle trees and still have not planted them. They aren't looking too good and I feel bad. Tomorrow I don't have much on the agenda and I will be planting them tomorrow. I honestly haven't felt like going out there and digging the holes.....

{4} This is the month that we focus on Breast Cancer. Not that any other month the focus is less, but October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. My grandmother died from breast cancer. It was spread through her entire body... actually found in her uterus. She never had any exams or tests done which probably would have extended her life if she would have done it. In honor of Breast Cancer, Helzberg Diamonds is selling these beautiful pink cultured pearl bracelets. A very generous portion goes to breast cancer research! My husband is a contract jeweler for the company and brought home one for me, our girls and my mother in honor of her mother who passed away. He also brought one home for me to giveaway on my blog! If you would like to be entered in the giveaway which ends October 23, simply leave a comment on the giveaway post. You can enter as many times as you like. No strings attached!


7 comments:

Jane

As for cell phones and driving, it can wait. Really it can.

Jane

Donnie

Are you sure this wasn't venting a bit...lol... So many of the same things bother me.

Your husband was sweet and thoughtful to bring the bracelets home in honor of your grandmother. It is a beautiful gesture to give one away also.

Have a great day.

Kelly

I want to teach myself how to make blog buttons too! Was it easy? I'm not very gifted when it comes to technology, ha!

I am SO with you on the drivers. I can't help but wonder if the woman who hit me last month was distracted by a cell phone or something else. How else can you not see a runner when you claim you were going 35 mph?! Driving is scary. My parents always told my siblings and me that your car is a weapon and you need to treat it as such. That always stuck with me.

Hope you have a blessed week!

Marfi-topia

wow, i have one of those days every day! and what happened to the speed limit people!
lol
your husband is so thoughtful to bring you all such a beautiful gift. hope your trees feel better.
have a good night.

Lea @ CiCis Corner

WOW, I'm impressed, making a blog button. I would not even know where to begin. :o)

So glad that your daughter's thyroid condition was found and treated. The thyroid affects so, so much.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love your blog design, very nice. I'll be back for sure.

Blessings to you!

Jenilee

thanks for stopping by my misc monday post! :) yes, drivers can be CRAZY! I agree!

Anonymous

Beautiful pearls! A nice way to honor a memory!

Post a Comment