Sunday, October 17, 2010

Greek Festival - Saturday

Saturday was the second day of the Greek Festival...or Greek Funstival! We try to make it every year!!!
Friday Papa Bear went with his friends and Saturday the girls and I went with mom...
There were so many people!!!
The seating by the stage was full so we had to sit quite far away. We did get to see some of it though...and the music was wonderful!

The food was sooooo good! I just can't tell you how good it was!
I didn't get many pictures...but we had Spanakopita, beef and chicken Souvlaki...CC had Greek Salata and mom tried the baklava.
We brought some souvlaki and gyros home for Papa Bear .
Mom also bought me this cute commemorative book with the history of the Greek church in San Antonio and some great recipes!!!!
Y'all know how I am about cookbooks....and I don't have any cookbooks with Greek recipes!! So this is so fun to have!!!
We had a great time! I can't wait for next year so we can go again and hopefully see the dancers up close. One year when Lena was very little she jumped on stage and started dancing with the dancers. It was so cute. People were throwing money at her and she was spinning around in circles. Then she wanted to keep the money and we had to explain to her that the money goes to the church!


2 comments:

Donnie

What a great time you all had. Asheville, NC has a big Greek Festival every year but we haven't gotten to one yet. Hubby can't walk a lot and they have a pretty large crowd. That would've been so cute seeing your daughter on stage....lol...

Kelly

What a fun night! I love the pics with your mom in them. Both of my grandmothers passed away long before I was born so I never experienced having a grandmother. My kids (and it looks like yours!) have it totally opposite and for that I am so grateful. How special for them that they are making these sweet memories with three generations!

Post a Comment