Friday, October 1, 2010

Five Question Friday




1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

I did. And this is funny because I have been thinking about her so much lately. I wrote in to an ad in my Barbie magazine, could have been Highlights but I'm pretty sure it was Barbie. Her name was Christina Rogney. We wrote each other for about a year. We even exchanged school pictures. I think she was from Colorado but I'm not sure. I tried to find her on Facebook but couldn't. It would just be fun to say hello and see how she is now!

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

Before I would have said SAHM but now I can't say that anymore. And the reasons why I wanted that were selfish..to stay home and rest. I know now that there is NO resting for a SAHM....at all! So this is hard...I would like to do two different jobs.
A.) OB/GYN - As long as I can remember I have always wanted to deliver babies. I've also always wanted to open a clinic for low income/no income young teen girls to have their regular prenatal check-ups. In San Antonio there are so many young pregnant girls and we have the highest number of repeat pregnancies. I think if the girls are cared for and educated the first time there wouldn't be as many getting pregnant a second time.
B.) LOCAL MORNING TALK SHOW HOST - I'm not wanting to sit beside Regis or anything....just host a local morning talk show. I would know more about what's going on in SA and they ALWAYS get great free tickets to whatever Broadway show is here! Ahhh! Yes, I'm jealous! And again selfish!

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

Getting lost from my mom or kidnapped. I don't think there could have been a bigger fear ever. Now I have that same fear with my girls. Seriously, they are 9 and 14 and they know the rule is never to be an arm length away from me at any time any where. It only takes two seconds for something bad to happen and then you can never get those two seconds back. I refuse to allow something bad to happen because I turned my head or let them go grab something from another aisle real quick! This is also why I do not talk on my cell phone when I am grocery shopping with either one of them as well.

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

Sleeping until 12. I cannot find any reason for doing so unless you are very sick.
Telemarketers - In this technologically advanced society, if we want a new credit card, cell phone, charity, etc. we probably know how to get it. Calling me at 8:01 Sunday morning or 8:58 any given night will usually not get a very nice response from me!

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

I have a nightgown set that belonged to my sisters aunt. She passed away from cancer when I was very young. Why I have her nightgown set I have no idea but I've always held it in a special place for my sister and have taken excellent care of it for her. My sisters daughter is 15 and I would think she would want to pass it down to her but she's hasn't even asked for it yet. It's a thin red nightie made of silky material with soft thin lace at the neckline and edging the housecoat (of the same material).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the last day to enter my giveaway. All you have to do to be entered is leave a comment on the giveaway page! I will announce the winner tomorrow!


3 comments:

Beth

Amen to the telemarketers. No one ever wants what they are selling.

Jane

I used to really enjoy pen pals, and had many who were scattered across the world. Don't know if my last comment went through as I keep getting error messages from Blogger. Enjoy the weekend,

Jane

Donnie

1-Never had a penpal but we moved every 2 years so I did keep up with one girlfriend from Staten Island, NY.
2-A Food Critic....yummy
3-Still is a dark locked room. I was locked in an attic for punishment and forgotten...nuf said...
4-Probably a computer- because I waste a lot of time on it. Don't try to take it though.
5-It's not clothing, it's my Mom's jewelry box.

You put your heart into your answers and I hope you feel I did the same. Have a great day.

Post a Comment