Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yuri's 60th @ Meson European Restaurant

Saturday Emil and I were invited to celebrate Yuri's 60th birthday at Meson European Restaurant. Emil and Yuri are very close...since Emil's father is not here, Yuri took Emil under his wing since he first came to America in 1993.
CC gave me a "poof" in my hair. I tried to get a picture but I cut off half of my face in the process!! Haha! For some reason the camera on my phone was not working well that night!
The restaurant was beautiful...and such elegant music was playing....

Everyone was having a great time...

(Arkadiy, Rita and Nella)

I ordered the New York Strip. It was honestly the best steak I have ever had in my life!
Lisa and I sat next to each other so we could talk....

And talk we did.... and take pictures....

We were drinking this. I've never had it before but it sure was good!!! Sweet and not dry!!

The table was set so nice and pretty. I loved the glow of these candles...


And here is the man of the hour giving his toast....thanking everyone for coming and being a part of this special occasion.

The boys, Papa Bear, Serg, Yuri, Arkadiy and Stas

My Papa Bear giving his toast to Yuri.... he was teary eyed and so was Stas

Stas...Lisa's husband...He is also very close to Yuri.
This was some of the art on one wall. The whole restaurant was covered in beautiful contemporary art! I wish I would have taken more pictures of them!

It was only AFTER I took this photo that I saw exactly which painting was "behind" me...
Me again... still talking to CC.

Our first course was salami's, deli meats, smoked salmon and a variety of delicious cheese. Next we had salad, then ravioli with this delicious creamy sauce. Our main entree was next. Then it was time for desert.

Our coffee was served with these cute silver creamers....

I ordered cream brulee. Papa Bear ordered tiramisu. The brulee was outstanding!!!

We had a great time! Originally Papa Bear and I were supposed to spend the rest of the evening together. However....his friends wanted to continue the party at the swimming pool. So he went that way and I went to my Mom to spend the night. I can't stand sleeping alone at home. It freaks me out!

Sunday we pretty much stayed in and relaxed. I didn't go home til the afternoon. Lately I have been having a hard time sleeping. I fall asleep around 4 in the morning and wake up every 20 or 30 minutes. I have a hard time falling back asleep. Finally I get frustrated and wake up for good around 7 or 8. Not fun...and it makes for a stressful next day.

I always hope that I will be so tired I will fall asleep at a decent hour and sleep through the night. It usually doesn't happen! However, Sunday night I did sleep well. Papa Bear woke me up early though. And last night again... it was around 3 before I fell asleep. I just don't know what's going on. I HATE it! I just want to sleep...


1 comments:

Jane

It looks like you guys had such a terrific time, and the steak looks devine! I hope that you can get your sleep habits back in order. Been there, done that here, so I can sympathize!

Jane

Post a Comment