Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lena

This will be a quick update on Lena. She has been doing really well with her homeschool. After church on Sunday we stopped by Michaels to purchased some crafts things for "art" class. I wanted something they could personalize themselves, something they could put their own spin on. We ended up picking plain wood mirrors, lots of ribbons and rhinestones. I have Lena's finished mirror but just didn't take a picture of it yet. Bad blogger... I know!!

Here is Lena looking at her ribbon and mirror.

My baby doing her homeschool work. I tried to snap this without her noticing.
She saw me!

She was not too happy about getting more pictures taken.

She started this thing where she sticks her tongue out at me and I know I should be mad but it's just so cute I can't help but laugh.
Saturday we went to Homestead Handcrafts sidewalk sale and I told you I got some real cute things for Lena's room. I want her to have more big girl decorations in her room. She will be nine in a few months.. wow! Time really flies! When we remodeled our home, she choose pink and purple walls for her room. It's accented with soft pinks throughout. Now we are wanting more bold colors and animal print. These letter were only $2 each! We want to do her room in Razzle Dazzle.. I think it's Benjamin Moore but not sure. I saw the color in my House Beautiful magazine and fell in love with it.


These are the letters.....

And in keeping with the black and white grown up girl theme I purchased this cutie for $2.50! I love, love, love those sidewalk sales. I think this is supposed to hold up hair bows but Lena quit letting me put those in her hair quite a while ago! That was very sad for me. There is nothing cuter than a little girl with big bows in her hair!

I have been pouring over magazines and websites for decoration ideas for her room. I know we want a hot pink, the Razzle Dazzle and accent it with zebra print preferably. I would absolutely LOVE to put a black chandelier in her room. Do you have any ideas on where to purchase one appropriate for a childs room or better yet.. homemade?


0 comments:

Post a Comment