Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloweens Past

Halloween is just around the corner. Where did the year go so fast? It seems like I was just putting my tree up and in a few weeks I will be taking it back down! KellysKorner is hosting Show Us How You Live Halloween costumes. Last year my girls decided not to celebrate Halloween by dressing up and trick-or-treating. They did the research and together they decided against it. And that's fine with me. I can't argue an educated decision. This year they are forgoing it as well. BUT that doesn't stop them from going to Haunted Houses and watching Halloween movies! LOL!

So these are their costumes from a couple of years ago. I look at them now and my babies seemed so young. I still can't believe my husband allowed Sierra to dress like french maid! He wouldn't even allow her to wear lip gloss but she can dress like that?
Lena, Sierra and our neighbor Lauren (in white)
The girls again. I love the look on Lena's face.
Lena-poo posing!
Now it's CC's turn.... she doesn't look 11 does she? (She's wearing MY fishnets and MY heels!)
The girls with voodoo daddy!
The three musketeers. CC and Lauren used to be best friends. The past year or so they just quit talking to each other. Each girl blames the other and I never found out what really happened. I've heard that friends come and go in your life and they serve a purpose while they are there. I wonder what Lauren's friendship with Sierra taught her.
I used to call Lauren (in the middle) my other daughter. She was with us ALL the time. She didn't have a stable home life, it's really very sad. She would call me "Mom" as well.
I LOVE this picture!
CC... she wanted her face painted like the girls on Marilyn Manson's "Mobscene" video. This was the best I could do given the limited amount of face paint I had. She's supposed to look like half skeleton.
Lena was a gothic princess. I think her face paint looks more like a vampire. She wanted to be the Corpse Bride but we couldn't find an old wedding dress to dye in time.
One more pose from Lena.
And Sierra bowing out!
I don't know why, but Halloween is my favorite holiday! I love to drive around and look at
everyone's decorations! Do you dress up to hand out candy? Does your family stick with a theme or each do your own thing? Don't forget to stop by Kelly's and see everyone else's Halloween costumes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment