Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Mantle Complete...I think (lots of pics)

First..... thank you everyone for your nice comments. I am getting better. Much better. I am taking my meds that I am supposed to for allergies.. and guess what.... it's getting better. But thank you so much for your kind words. It was nice to turn the computer on and see your well wishes!
~~~~~~~~
Ok. I realize this will be a super long post. And it should probably be in two posts. I might revise it later. However.. it's mostly pictures. Yay! This is my fall floral arrangement. It has the browns and golds that I love and match my decor. I like a hint here and there of maroon. Not too much. Just a tad. I also placed pinecones in the arrangement. I love pinecones.

See the hints of maroon?

And the pinecone...
~~~~~~~
Now I have been going on and on about how I want to update my mantle and throw a little fall in there right? I finally did it!
The before.. right side and left side. (My before... scroll down for the after.)

The center of the new and hopefully improved mantle.



The centerpiece was actually a small wreath that was $1.99. I placed it on top of the foliage and then slipped a stem of faux flowers (only $1.00) inside. See my pinecones hidden in there?


I added some brown sparkly ribbon. (Another $1.00)
My mother-in-law bought me this set of candle sticks. They had been on the floor beside the fireplace but after fixing up the mantle I thought they belonged there better.

The after.... what a difference! I still think something is missing! I can't put my finger on it. If you have any ideas, please post it and let me know.

Papa Bear really likes it. He said it's very "fall." Well.... that's what I was hoping for. I hope I got it. I still think something is missing... do you? What would you add/change?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This little birdie is back... I don't remember if I blogged about this before but every winter this little birdie family comes and spends the winter in this column on my porch. I think this winter I will make this a cute little birdie house and put out some seed and water for them. They fly away when we open the door but when the mama and papa birdie leave, we pull up the chair and peer inside at the eggs.



~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I got off of work today I checked my cell phone and mom had sent me a message asking me to meet her for lunch at Incredible Pizza. Lena had been wanting to spend the night with her anyway so I went home, loaded Lena up and we met her there.


Forgive the way I look. I was hungry, hot and tired!

We sat in the Home Front section. I think that's what it's called. It's set up to look like an old fashioned home complete with old drawings and black and white reruns. Today "Bewitched" was playing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hootin' Anni sent me this wonderful "moon." I was so excited when I saw a message from her because I went on and on about this wonderful witch she made so I was hoping for some pointers on the witch....or maybe one for sale.... nope! I got mooned!! She definately got a laugh outta me. Mom, if you are seeing this... I'm sorry! LOL!
Soooooooo...... if you are here and reading this..... consider yourself mooned. I'm not tagging anyone specifically. Just everyone generally! So... if you have the courage to do this.... right click ... save and repost to your blog...tagging any and everyone you want!
I hope you all have had a wonderful Wednesday. Two more days ...we can do it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment