Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Crockpot Stew

Kellys Korner is doing a Show Us Your Life Dinner Recipes.

One of my most favorite things to cook is Crockpot Stew. It's easy and delicious and perfect for when the weather starts getting cooler. This is my FAVORITE time of the year. I love the colors and smells. I love the chill in the air. And I love to cook food like this..
I buy roast all ready cut into small pieces. I lightly brown them in the pan with some yellow onion and season with garlic powder and season salt.
I pour the meat and all the juices into my crockpot, cover with water, close the lid and let it cook for about an hour to an hour.
I dice three or four medium potatoes and half a bag of baby carrots and pour them in the crockpot.
If needed I add a few cubes of beef boullion.
Right at the end I add a can of corn, juices drained.
I like to add stewed tomatoes but today noone wanted that. My husband has been very sick and he didn't think tomatoes would be good for his tummy. This is one of his favorite meals, the other is stuffed shells.
The meat makes good juices so we like to dip our bread in there. This bread is a German bread and it was very good. Next time I was thinking to add some fresh mushrooms. What do you think? What is your favorite crockpot recipe?
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you found something you liked and I can't wait to see your recipes!


1 comments:

SnoWhite

I love crockpot meals!! bet this is tasty. I'd second adding those mushrooms :)

Post a Comment