Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why I Blog....

a mom blog community

Today's Blog Dare asks us why we blog...

A couple of years back I joined a Mom Group in my area through meetup.com. As I was browsing some of the member's profiles I found one had a personal blog. I thought that was pretty neat. I honestly had never seen anything like it before and I thought it was the coolest thing! So I clicked on some of the blogs she read on her side and found Baby Bangs, then Hello from Housper and finally KellysKorner. I would check up on each of them every few days and began feeling like I was getting to "know" these people. It was weird and fun all at the same time.
THEN something strange happened... as I would make my way through each day I would find little things happen that would make me say, "That would be good to put on a blog!" or "I could just see that being discussed on a blog..." Finally I gave in a started my own blog. I wasn't very regular on updates at first, mainly because I had such trouble downloading photos. Then, once I got the hang of it..forget about it!! I was hooked!
My husband often tells me I shouldn't put private details about our life online...and I don't. I guess that shows you how much he actually reads my blog! I look at my blog as an online diary of our life... what we did, what we cooked, current events that are happening and our reactions to it....things like this. And a huge plus is that our family and friends that live far away from us can stay updated with whats happening. I don't divulge street names or school names. I try to not even speak very much about areas of town I visit or the one I live in. I do keep that private. I feel better doing that.
One thing that I love more than anything is being able to look back and say, "Oh..this is where we were a year ago today.." or six months ago today.....
That is fun! If it weren't for my blog I would have forgotten lots of those details. Sometimes I just post pictures of my girls in everyday life..sleeping, playing on the computer, doing homework, etc. I want to be able to look back and not only remember those normal events, but also see those events. So many times it's the big memorable events that we retain. I want to be able to look back and see it all!
The fabulous blogging community has also allowed me to meet such wonderful, sweet ladies from all over the country. Ladies that I feel are real friends. Ladies I have something in common with and those who inspire me. It's fun.... it's bonding! I love it!!
I also have found new recipes, different twists, decorating ideas on the cheap, easy DIY projects...honestly, if it wasn't for blogger I would have never ever even imagined such a thing as a coffee filter wreath!!
Blogging is a perfect outlet for me that combines many of my favorite things in life....friendship, love, memories. Writing has always been something I love to do and blogging allows me to do that while meeting wonderful people, finding new ideas and creating memories for my family to look back and share. What could be more wonderful than that?


1 comments:

bj

Loved reading your reasons.
Blogging came at a perfect time in my life and I just love it. I have a ball coming up with things to blog about and can honestly say that I've never had a blogging block.
So glad to have you as a blogging buddy. :))

Post a Comment