Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Baby Turns 10 (Pic Overload)

Today my baby turns 10!! I can't believe time has flown by so fast. Just this morning I was telling Lena her birth story. I went to Dr. Hailparn on a Thursday for my final appointment. She told us that if I didn't have Lena over the weekend she would induce me that coming Monday. I was telling Emil he needed to get the crib. The baby would be here in a few days and we still didn't have the crib. So he left with Stas and said they were going to get it. He came home much later....and with no crib!! I was furious! The next morning I was still mad at him. I woke up having contractions. I laid on the couch on my left side like Dr. Hailparn told me to...this would slow the contractions. Emil came and checked on me and asked if I was still mad. I told him of course I was! Then Charlie jumped on me. Emil said, "See, even Charlie is worried about you." I laughed and when I did my water broke. I remember him driving like a maniac to the hospital after dropping CC off with my mom. My goodness we were so unprepared. I don't remember when or how but the crib was there by the time we came home with our new baby.
This is Lena on her first birthday in Dallas.
Here she is around 2 maybe 3. This was typical Lena. Always in makeup.
And playing Barbies with anyone who would play with her.
I remember my sister gave me some really pretty Elizabeth Arden lipsticks. I fell asleep and this is what I woke up to. I didn't have one lipstick left but I got this cute picture. How could I get mad at a face like this?
I didn't have a lot of her younger photos downloaded. I need to work on that. So here she is about 4.
This picture was taken right after we moved into the house we are in now. She was 4 at the time. CC and I made her up to look like Marfushka, the lazy mean stepsister in the Nastenka fairytale.
This is my little princess exactly 5 years ago. It was a tradition to make my girls a cake or cupcakes and let them have it for breakfast. They would then open all types of little gifts I got for them the night before. I slacked this year. I have no cake and no gifts! The weather has been cold and wet and we worked so long today. I plan on waking up super early and having everything ready for her when she wakes up this morning.

New Years Eve 2005-6. Just a few more days and she will be 6! I look at this picture and can't believe CC was so chubby. She looks NOTHING like this now!!
Lena and CC on Lena's 6th birthday.
This is possibly my favorite picture of the girls. It was taken the night before Lena turned 6.
Notice the 6 cupcakes? Great breakfast before school!!
And now we skip straight ahead to her 7th birthday. Poor baby, bless her heart. She is still half asleep!
And I must have been too...there is only one cupcake!
That weekend we had a party for her and her friends at a salon that did fabulous dressup and karaoke parties. It was a huge hit!! This is Lena and her best friend from school Emma.
The party was on Saturday. Sunday we were in the ER...she had strep!

This is my girls on their first day of school. Lena was going to 1st grade and CC to 6th!

Lena on her 7th birthday. We took Mom to Pasha for lunch for her birthday as well, then we spend the day going to model homes!
Me and Lena here....
CC and Lena. I had already started blogging by this point. Sooooo....now there are tons of pictures of her downloaded.


And here my baby is at 8 years old with Abdelkrim. He used to call her his little devil.
My baby 9 years old. This was our first night in Galveston.
And here we are on her last day as a 9 yr old. She did homework, played on the computer (Howrse) and listened to music. 30 Seconds to Mars and My Chemical Romance are her favorites.
And she delivered another lovely message to me and my camera....NO PICS!
I managed to snap a few pictures around 11:45 p.m.
I coerced a half smile from her... still pretty fake...but at least it's a smile.
My sweet baby Lena. I know you read this blog everyday. I love you so much and I am so proud of the smart, strong girl you are becoming. These qualities will last you long through your life. I hope you always stand your ground when you feel something isn't right and fight for what you believe is right. I love your stubbornness though at times it can be trying. I love that you are as solid as a rock on the outside but inside you are the softest, sweetest girl. You know exactly what you want and what you mean and no one has any luck changing your mind. You are so creative and artistic. You amaze me all the time. I love looking at your drawings and creations.... I am always in awe because it's hard to believe a 9 year old is capable of those creations! Keep creating, whether it be drawing, writing songs or skits. Never let that passion die. I love you so much my darling! More than I ever knew was possible!!


2 comments:

ryann2

Awesome post and a great way to celebrate her birthday! :) Happy Birthday Lena!

Eileen

What cute photos! Such a sweet looking little girl - happy birthday to her! Thanks for stopping by over the weekend.

Post a Comment