Monday, November 1, 2010


Our last weekend of October 2010 was a busy one! Saturday morning CC and I went grocery shopping and then headed straight home to get ready for Jakob's party at Lazar Quest. It was loud and wild and I think all of us adults walked out with migraine headaches!
We bought Jakob a rifle for his birthday. It's a pellet gun rifle. He's been wanting it for a long time! He called Papa Bear and asked him if we really gave him that...he was soooo excited!

CC, Jenn and Lena

Mom picked us girls up from Lazar Quest and we stopped at Dairy Queen for ice cream.


I tried the.........

Pumpkin Pie Blizzard..it was soooo good! But very sweet! I couldn't finish it!

Jakob had been wanting the BB rifle...but Lena has been wanting one much, much longer! Words can not tell you how happy my baby was. I think the best gifts are the "just because" gifts!

Sunday afternoon we went to Lisa's house for dinner... the girls handed out candy. (these pics were taken with my phone, under strobe light... so it's not too good quality!)

I did not feel like drinking. My back had been hurting so bad and I had taken lots of Motrin. BUT...I did have one glass of this... my goodness! I have fallen in love! It was THE BEST wine I have ever had!!

I am VERY upset at Wal-Mart right now. We bought these cute eyeshadow thingy's from there earlier today. It's really cute..the eyeshadow is already packaged on a piece of plastic..you place the shadow over your lid and lightly rub it...
And it looks like this....

It was in a box marked $5 with 50% off since it was for Halloween. CC and I went back to Wal-Mart for a few things this after noon and I decided to pick up another box for the girls..after all it's only $2.50...right?

WRONG!!! They charged me $10.00!! The customer service was already closed so I ran home and looked at my receipt for the eyeshadow this morning and sure enough they charged me $10.00 for that one too! I plan on going back tomorrow with the new box and both receipts!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow I finally get my living room cleaned..this has been a looooong time coming! I can't wait to tell you about it!


4 comments:

Donnie

It looks like you had busy day. That eye shadow was so cool looking and I know from experience you have to really look at your receipt. Good luck.

Kelly

I am not a drinker AT ALL but I do love me a glass of Moscato D'Asti! It's the go to drink in at our family gatherings :) How annoying about the price of the eye shadow. That happens to me all the time and I am not one to get ripped off. My hubby on the other hand would not go back and be hassled. We balance each other out, ha!

Unknown

G'day April ~ Looks like you all had a good time at the party. What a clever eyeshadow idea ... hadn't seen that ... I'd be back at WalMart in a flash also. There has been a lot of INFORMATION on TV & internet about these stores (all of them including grocery) overcharging because what the sign says doesn't match what is in the computer check out system ... you need to watch all receipts. Particularly your credit purchases in restaurants, even.

Have a wonderful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Sherrie

I have not seen such eyeshadow. I wonder if my Wal-Mart have some. I agree with you. I always watch as I am being rung up. Actually JC Penny is the worst. It never shows the right sale prices. You have to watch each item being rung up. Who knew shopping could be so much work.

Post a Comment