Monday, November 22, 2010

Praline Apple Bread

Ever since I received my 2009 Southern Living Annual Recipes cookbook in the mail I have been dying to make the Praline-Apple Bread. Every weekend I said I was going to do it...it just never happened.
That is until yesterday! I decided to just do it and if no one wanted to eat it, that's fine! Luigi has a sweet tooth! So I took out my apples, my cookbook and got to work!
The recipe for the bread is honestly the easiest, fastest and tastiest recipe I have ever made!
I think my favorite part was toasting the pecans....it made the house smell so good!
The other cup of pecans just went on top of the batter, smashed in a bit.

And my goodness... I thought the house smelled so good when the pecans were toasting...you should have smelled it while the bread was baking!
It was unbelievable how delicious the apple bread was!!
There is hardly any left....a good sign that everyone was in favor!
I brought Mom a slice today and she said it was "to-die-for"! Now THAT made my day!!
I honestly think I will whip up another batch tomorrow morning!!
Today we took Luigi to the doggy park again. He had a blast. This time a Rottweiler AND a Great Dane ganged up on him...and he was ready to take them on! Thankfully no fights broke out. Each dog owner stepped in before it could escalate. Mom met us at the park and we all went for a little walk. It was wonderful!
In case you don't have the Southern Living cookbook...here is the recipe!

Praline-Apple Bread

1.) Preheat oven to 350. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer shallow pan for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes.

2.) Beat sour creme, 1 (8oz) container sour creme, 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs and 1 Tbsp. vanilla at low speed about 2 minutes.

3.) In separate container, stir together 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add to sour creme mixture until just blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cup finely chopped
Granny Smith apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter in a greased and floured 9-X5- inch loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.

4.)Bake 350 for 1 hour. After 50 minutes cover loaf with foil and cook for remaining 10-15 minutes. Allow pan to cool for 10 minutes.

5.) Bring 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar to a boil for one minute and pour on top of loaf. Allow to completely cool, about 1 hour.

The hardest part is letting it cool that last hour!



5 comments:

Unknown

April, I was so sad not to get to see you while in San Antonio. It was a wonderful time, next time hopefully we can connect.

This sounds sooo yummy!

Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Suzanne

Oh my gosh, I can taste AND smell it from here...YUM!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I love Southern Living recipes anyway but missed this one. And by the way, your photos are great:)

Melanie

Thanks for posting that recipe! If you hadn't I was going to request it after seeing all those yummy looking pictures! Sounds divine! :-)

bj

ummm, can't wait to try this one.

Regarding the stuffed biscuits..we love bacon or ham and cheese with green onions, too.:)
So many ways to serve a GRAND.

Donnie

That looks really good. It would be a great recipe for Christmas morning.

Post a Comment