Saturday, August 8, 2009

Starbucks...

Thursday night we went to Starbucks with Lisa and Jakob. Lena wanted to "real" drink with a little caffeine in it as opposed to the creme I usually get her. It was 9:30 p.m. and caffeine was not going to happen that late! So I ordered Lena and I both carmel cremes with a shot of decaf espresso. It takes just as good and she never knew the difference!

My little happy camper!



Me and Lisa in a "deep" conversation!




I think maybe the creme was getting old or was left out because my stomach was sooooo very upset afterwards! Lena said she woke up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach. I was seriously debating whether to got to work or not Friday morning because my stomach felt so bad. I even fell asleep in my car on my break. Thank goodness Lisa texted me and it woke me up, otherwise I would have really been in trouble. And... to top it off... we had just had a meeting about making sure we come in from lunch and our breaks on time...oooppps!!


Yesterday evening Mom called me and told me they just found her neighbor and good friend Tony dead in his apt. It was such a shocker! He is larger than life and he always has this huge smile that is just contagious! His eyes light up when he smiles and he has the biggest heart you could imagine! I luckily found a pic of him on my computer. This is the way I want to remember him. The last time I saw Tony, three days ago, he was walking to the store. I only saw his big frame from the back, walking away. I like to think that he was walking to somewhere good and that is why I won't see him anymore. The last time I spoke to him was earlier in the week when I was picking Lena up from my moms house and he came over to visit. Had I known that was the last time I would speak to him I would have said more, hugged him and told him how thankful I am that he is always there to watch out for my mom. I just have to know that he is sleeping now, peacefully and the next time I see him everything will be good and no one will be sick or hurt anymore.



0 comments:

Post a Comment