Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gigi's Cupcakes & Our Last Weekend...

This is our last weekend before school starts up for me and Lena. This summer flew by so fast!! One thing Lena did ask me to do before school starts was take her to Gigi's Cupcakes. Today, we did just that!

It's really cute inside, very quaint and comfy... and very pink!!!

Their selection of cupcakes change daily and seasonally. There were so many different choices it was hard to decide!



They had several options from their menu and then a few specials for the day.



In the back there was such a nice area to sit and enjoy your cupcake....




I loved these lights..you can't see it here but they are the softest of pinks!

And they have the cutest pictures on the wall....pink and brown..that's my kind of color combination!









Lena choose the Top Hat. It was devil food cake with white butter cream frosting with chocolate ganache and a fondit hat on top. As you see she ate it before I could snap a picture.



CC picked the Champagne cupcake... description here... it was superb!



I was going to go for the Kentucky Bourbon Pie..but instead went with the Spumoni. It was good.. cherry cake, pistachio frosting... I just wasn't really digging the combination together and the frosting was SUPER SWEET!! I ended up taking 1/2 of it to mom!



And we brought Papa Bear the Midnight Magic cupcake home...he was in LOVE!!! And they had it wrapped up in a cute box!



After Gigi's we went to visit Mom for a while. With me starting school and homeschooling two girls, helping Papa Bear and finding time to study I won't have much free time until probably January, so I thought I better go visit her while I can! Tonight the girls and I did a late night run to Target to finish up getting what we need for school, folders, markers, pencils, etc.

Yesterday the girls and I went for haircuts. Mine is somewhere between these two. Papa Bear said he doesn't see much of a difference. I see that all the dead and damaged ends are gone!!



Lena's hair is shorter than we had planned and CC hates her hair, even though it looks really good on her. It about an inch shorter than she wanted and now she's begging Mom to buy her some Rogaine!! Oh lord...these girls are something else!




*Don't forget to stop by my giveaway here and leave a comment on the giveaway post to enter!



1 comments:

Lisa Baldwin

WOW... Those cupcakes look YUMMY!!! I love the hairstyle super cute you should post a picture!

Post a Comment