Saturday, July 17, 2010

While Daddy's Away...

Papa Bear left Wednesday night to go to Galveston with his friend to help work on his beach house, rest and relax and look for us a beach house. I was dreading dropping him off at George's house for the past two weeks. When the day finally came I was a wreck! I have NEVER been alone with the girls.... EVER! And I was scared. No, I was terrified. I kept thinking what if something happens. What if, what if, what if... Those "what if's" can drive you mad!! But, sure enough, Wednesday afternoon I noticed the car was overheating again the work that was done on it a month or so ago came apart and it was leaking coolant. So Papa Beat called the dealership, ordered and paid for the new part for me. All I had to do was pick it up! Thank goodness!! I was still nervous driving to work and back Thursday. But all went well and the car is great.
So Thursday after I dropped him at George the girls ordered Dominos sandwiches and I picked them up. I honestly didn't feel like eating I was sooooo nervous about being without Papa Bear. And I couldn't stop crying.
He had only been gone a couple of hours and I missed him so bad! In the middle of the night we heard thus loud crash and all I could think of was "Great, my first night alone with the girls and someone is breaking in.." I was so afraid. I had to go check it out and see what was happening. It was Toby! He knocked over CC's huge mirror. It didn't break but it did wake us up! And this made me laugh...


If there's a box Toby finds a way to get in it!

Thursday we went grocery shopping and had the car fixed. We came home and CC made us a delicious shrimp salad. I went to bed at 9:30 and it felt great!! Yesterday we made homemade pizzas!


It was sooo good! We went to bed really late and we woke up really late too!
In our list of meals to cook was a stew.





Very very good!
The girls and I had this big idea to make a homemade apple pie. My grandmother used to make them and they were sooooo good. I bought this cute red pan and found an easy recipe on the net. I pulled out moms old crust recipe, gathered up my girls and got to work...








The filling...


With the apples...


Man it was so good.

Now going in the oven...


And all over the oven..


The edges were burning so I took it out to tin foil the edges. When I was putting it back in my arm touched the oven door and I dropped the whole pan!! I was so upset I couldn't stop laughing.
We left the oven door open to cool off and left to Taco Cabana to meet Lisa for margaritas. While there Papa Bear called and said he was coming home early... As in now!! The girls and I had to scramble home to clean up the apple mess, wash some clothes and do a quick clean because while Papa Bear has been gone on his man-cation we've been on vacation at home too!! Lolol!





So now we are just waiting for out papa to come home. We missed him so much!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


0 comments:

Post a Comment