Saturday, July 24, 2010

Off We Go

All of Andrey's belongings had been sitting in storage since his house sold a few months ago. It's been back and forth getting prices to send his stuff via air and boat. Finally... We found another Russian man on Houston who agreed to ship it to Andrey via air for a very reasonable price! Hallelujah! I am so thankful that problem is solved and Andrey's belongings are on his way to him.
Papa Bear went to Galveston last weekend with George and came back telling us how pretty it is and how much he likes it. So, since we had to come to Houston for Andrey we decided to stay on the island for the weekend. We could ALL use the rest!
I made us sandwiches for the trip.


I couldn't get many pictures if us driving there. Everyone hid from my phone.





So I had to steal pictures...


But they noticed so I took pictures of the pretty greenery.



It was so thick...


And green...


Then we passed the Colorado river.


And I had to act dumb for Papa Bear and ask him if we were close to Colorado. In Russia they learned so much world history and in my little town we didn't. He always amazed at what I don't know in regards to the former soviet union and Europe. But we didn't learn it. Soooo, I love to act like I haven't a clue about geography and he eats it up!
CC loved these trees. They mostly were in circular patches but a few popped up along the road.








Once we checked in we drove down Seawall Blvd. When the hurricane of 1900 hit Galveston they rebuilt the city 15 feet and made this wall to protect them from such horrific damage in the future. It was so late so I didn't get any pictures of that. But I will today.
We ate at this delicious restaurant... Benno's Cajun Seafood. The food was amazing. I had fried oysters and shrimp.


The shrimp and crab cake had a little kick to them. Hence, the cajun. Oh man... It was good!
CC noticed that the cashier there had a Russian accent and Papa Bear heard a couple of the waiters speaking Russian. So he spoke to one of the boys, Pasha, and he told Papa that they are from Ukraine and they come over during the summer to work. I guess like a foreign exchange program. Pretty interesting!
Today we are going to swim, see the pyramid botanical gardens and hopefully the castle too.
I have to take a shower now. This humidity is hard on a girls hair!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


0 comments:

Post a Comment