Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Day Off

Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:30 as usual and prepared to go to work. I made it about three miles from my house and the thermostat on my car was almost touching the "H". I just imagined if it was that high at 5:15 in the morning with no traffic and no stopping what would happen when I drove home from work at 3 p.m. and in 90 degree heat? So I called in and headed home. Papa Bear and Lena were still up so we watched Robin Meade for a while then we all laid down and took a nap. I woke up at 9:45 and IT FELT GREAT!!! I honestly can't remember the last time I slept in that late. Even on weekends I wake up around 7:30. I made us a quick snack and then Papa Bear and I went to fix the car. It turns out there was no water and it needed water/anti-freeze mix. Once it was added the car was perfect. Even the air conditioner was colder!
After lunch I checked in my roses. We have had so much rain and thunder and lightening. The grape vine and my roses have loved it! I was so excited to see my Peace rose had three new buds!

And my double knock out now has red leaves....

I'm not sure why but I hope it's a good thing. Maybe it's the Miracle Grow for roses.

Later in the evening the girls were watching TV and I pulled out the quilt top I purchased on eBay. (Cheating I know)

Charlie had to make an appearance.

There were some patched that needed mending...

So I pulled out my white thread and quilting needles and got to work.

That's an area I patched yesterday. I liked to think i did a good job but ad you can see I patched it so well it's pulling apart again! Ha! At least I had fun trying. It was relaxing. And of course Toby wanted to be in a picture too!

For dinner CC and I made more homemade pizza. This time we topped it with cilantro lime chicken, fresh tomatos, basil and mozzarella. It was delicious to say the least!

I got so much accomplished on my day off! I cleaned my bathroom, washed all but one load of clothes. Oh and I went to college to register for summer medical transcription classes. It was definately a productive day! I wish everyday was like this. I truly miss being at home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



Hi April

You really did get a lot finished. I know what you mean about wanting everyday to be like that. I loved being a stay at home Mum, but then we needed more money and I went back to work:(

Love the quilt top idea and the one you bought is beautiful!

Enjoy the weekend!

Post a Comment