Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Breakfast Ring, BBQ & A Surprise!

I must say July has started off great! Thursday the girls and I went to Austin and we rested on Friday. Saturday and Sunday I really can't remember much except cleaning the house, cooking and relaxing. CC found a wonderful recipe for brownies that we all fell in love with. Mom thought it was a brownie mix.
Mr.Billy (the squirrel) has been back to visit.

I love this picture. It shows how mischievous he really is. He is into everything!!

Monday morning I wanted to try my hand at making a Breakfast Ring. I totally cannot take credit for this recipe. I found it here.
You need a can of biscuits, cheese, breakfast sausage and 6 eggs.

First, cut the biscuits horizontally. It's not as hard as I thought it would be.


Layer half of the halves in a well greased bundt pan. Make sure the sides are greased as well and the biscuits are over-lapping.


Your first layer is your browned and drained breakfast sausage.


Mix 6 large eggs with salt and pepper to taste and pour over the sausage.


The original recipe (from the blog) says to use a pound of cheese. I used a half pound and I think a little more would have been better.


Layer the rest of the biscuit halves over the mixture. Again, be sure to have them overlapping.


Let it bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Don't worry, the biscuits don't burn. I was really thinking they would have. Once I took the breakfast ring out I buttered the tops.


It was delicious!! My Papa Bear said it was better than breakfast pizza, better than tacos, better than anything! He loved it!! CC asked for seconds. That NEVER happens!!


There were no leftovers! It was so good! I plan to make this again, soon. The only thing I might change is to add some mushrooms.


Monday we lounged around a bit just like Charlie is doing here.


After lunch Papa Bear treated us to Starbucks then we drove some back country roads and just enjoyed spending time together as a family.

The girls and I went to visit Mom for a while Monday afternoon. When we got home Papa Bear was grilling out ribs, Italian sausage and corn.

DELICIOUS!!!


Tuesday my sister called and asked me what we were doing. She surprised us by telling me they were coming up for a visit. I was so super excited to say the least!!

My sister and I went to H-E-B to grab some charcoal and things we needed to grill out and guess who we saw shopping.....

DEVIN BROWN

from the San Antonio Spurs. For the most part everyone left him alone. The store manager went over and personally bagged his groceries.... ha!


After we ate a late dinner Emil, Ernie, Mel and the boys watched "Dinner for Schmucks" while CC, Stacy and I went in my room and looked at my quilt top to see what we could do with it. We had so much fun!! So much fun in fact that I forgot to take too many pictures. Stacy wouldn't let me post them anyway even if I had!

Emil and Sean and Ethan played cards til 3 in the morning. Ethan was teaching Papa Bear how to play "31".



They left early this morning. It was just too quick of a visit. I miss them already and Emil keeps saying he misses his boys. I forsee lots of get togethers in the future....at least I hope I do!!

Today we didn't do too much. I went to the mall with my Papa Bear and made quesadillas for dinner. We stayed up super late last night and I am still tired so I am heading to bed now! I will be posting the brownie recipe sometime tomorrow.


1 comments:

Johanna

Wow that sounds like a tempting b'fast! It was great to know you , I read your about me section and I'm glad your so happy with your best friend cum hubby ! Being a great cook sounds exciting,cooking for me is kinda stress-buster.
Cooking Quotient Test
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/cooking-quotient-test/cooking-quotient-test_instructions.asp

Post a Comment