Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tacos With A Twist...

Yesterday as I was watching an old San Antonio Living with Shelly Miles, Diana Barrios was on making a taco recipe that had a little twist to it. I'm always up for trying new takes on regular recipes.

You will need lean ground beef, a can of corn drained with the juice set aside, a can of black beans, a can of crushed chipotle peppers, an onion, 3 cloves of garlic and salt and pepper.



First saute the onion and crushed garlic.





Add the ground beef and then drain.


Add the can of corn and about 2-3 Tbsps of the reserved corn juice.


Drain and rinse the black beans, then add to the mixture.


I added about 2 Tbsps of the crushed chipotle peppers. It can be made as spicy as you like. I just wanted the taste without the burn.


I also added some dried parsley and salt and pepper to taste.



I used corn tortillas and added chopped cilantro and green onions and squeezed some lemon juice on.

It was soooo good! I can definitely see it being a new staple in our family.







You can also top it with a salad of avacados, tomatoes and cucumbers. It was so good... I liked it this way!





3 comments:

Anonymous

I like tacos with a new twist, and since they are a family favorite this will be a recipe I try. Thanks!

Teri

I can't wait to try this. It looks wonderful, and we love tacos!! Thanks. I saw this on Foodie Friday!!

Angelgirlpj

Looks like we should take our 2 posts and put them together;0)

Post a Comment