Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aquarena Springs - Part 2

On to part 2 of our day at Aquarena Springs... I think I left off with this photo on my last post. It pretty much sums up how pretty and green everything was.

After the glass bottom boat tour we girls walked over to the Wetlands Walk, a floating pier.







It was so pretty!!


I was a bit scared at first because you could definitely fell the pier move a bit, nothing major though. But after the first few feet we eased up and really enjoyed it. It would have been much more enjoyable if we were dripping with sweat!


It didn't matter which way we tried to turn the sun was glaring down on us making photo-taking almost impossible!


The long brown plants you see here are called dogtails. The tour guide told us that because the water is so clear and the plants undergo photosynthesis so rapidly, these dogtail plants can actually grow a foot a day!




The tour guide also told us that tilapia are not common to Texas but somehow they ended up there at Aquarena Springs. These large holes are where the tilapia lay their eggs. She told us the holes and the fish were huge. I didn't believe it.... but she was so right!


You can't really tell here but this fish was HUGE!! I couldn't believe it! And there were so many of them!


Lena loved the Lily pads.



Me and CC trying hard not to melt!




It was so quite and serene. I never imagined the park would include an area like this.



My sweet girls....



There was such an abundance of greenery around the water. I loved all the different shades of green.


Mom would have loved these elephant ears. They have always been her thing. Now I want elephant ears.... I've never grown them before but I think I'm ready to give them a try. They are just so pretty!


My girls nearing the end of the walk. By this time we were all sticky and hot and grouchy. All we wanted was a nice cold iced drink....


But of course I made them pose for a few pictures before we left. The background was just so beautiful I couldn't pass it up!




Lena was actually asking me here if I was sure I wasn't taking a picture...oops!


The end was in sight!!!


But CC called me over to look at these crystal like things on the plants. At first we thought it was water droplets but it wasn't. They were like small little crystals. I've never seen anything like it. I don't think my camera truly captured what they looked like.


One last shot before we left the Wetland Walk.


This was actually the entrance as you come into the park. I didn't have my camera out when we drove in and there were cars behind me, so when we left I took out my camera and snapped a couple of pictures before we left.


I'm not sure if you can see him on the right behind that first tree, but there was actually a man playing golf. I'm not sure that's really allowed there!!








After we left we stopped by McDonald's to get a Frappe. Their iced coffee fraps are sooo good!! And we were so hot... that iced coffee was much needed!!

~~~

This week has gone by so fast just staying busy helping Papa Bear with his work. I tried to register for my last two classes before actually entering nursing school. It turns out I need Chemistry before taking Microbiology. Ugh! So I tried to enroll for an 8-week summer Chemistry course. I was too late and every good spot had been taken. I am now one of the lucky ones who gets to take the course at a location about 40 minutes from my house on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-10:30 pm. Oh I can hardly wait..... I just keep hoping someone with a better time slot will have to drop, then I can come through and snatch it up!

~~~

Scotty won on American Idol tonight. I'm so happy!! I love that a country singer won.... and he is just so good!! He, Lauren and Casey were my favorites since this season started. So, I'm happy he won!!

~~~

Today we hit our first 100 degree day of the year. It was horrible. I had to vacuum the car out and I swear I was having heart palpitations it was so hot. If it's this bad at the end of May what in the world will August and September be like?? Oh this Texas heat is so miserable!! I wish I lived somewhere that had four seasons.... instead of hot, hotter, hot as h**l, cooling off. Oh well... a girls can wish!


0 comments:

Post a Comment