Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm Still Here...

I know I haven't posted in over a week. I've just been so busy here. And not much has happened. I will try to run down some things real quick.

-If you live in the Stone Oak area and are wanting to eat out.. IF you've seen the new Mission Cafe being built and now opened up near Mays YMCA.... that pretty white stucco mission-style-looking restaurant... IF you're driving by and you're hungry and are thinking about stopping....
LOOK AWAY FAST!
This place is disgusting! The food is a joke. Seriously. I thought Tink-A-Taco was bad, or as my girls like to call it..Stink-A-Taco. Mission Cafe take the cake.. it is just terrible. The food had NO taste, no flavor. Lena's nachos were litteraly stale tortilla chips with the canned nacho cheese poured ontop. It wasn't even that warm. The rice tasted and looked like something from an instant bag of generic Mexican rice. The beans were STRAIGHT out of a can... the tamales were sooooo dry. You're sides .. you go to a station and put your condiments in a plastic cuppy thing.. think Taco Cabana. In fact, TC has better food at a better price. IF you're driving by Mission Cafe and want Mexican food, turn around and go to the TC on Stone Oak or keeping driving to Timberwood and eat at Aguascalientes... MUCH better food at MUCH better prices!

-I pulled out our wreaths two weeks ago. Tonight they are still on the ottoman waiting to be hung.

-I also took out my pointsettia arrangement that I love so much two weeks ago. I dug and dug and found it in the garage. It's in front of the fireplace, however I still haven't dusted all the webs off!

-It's been cold and rainy here for days already. I would like it to be cold and dry. This little constant mist makes it just nasty.

-I stated teaching Lena fractions. She is doing pretty well. I think next week she will do fractions all week to get a good base for her. I will also continue giving her multiplication and division.

-CC is doing really good in all areas. She was getting a bit upset with her Spelling Word Sudoku. We sat down together and now, come to think of it... it disappeared. I need to ask her where that is.

-Last night it was 42 and rainy. And ... like any other normal family, we went to Sonic.. for what else? Ice cream! I had a coke float, Sierra had the Hazelnutt Java Chiller and Lena tried the Peppermint Blast. And Luigi had a large cup of water, no ice.

Not much has been going on here. We had our Christmas party today at Chili's for the bank. I ordered the Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadilla... let's just say I'm glad I wasn't paying for it! Emil liked what I brought home.. which is good because it was him or Luigi going to get it!

I did put up our winter tree.. and a few decorations but haven't posted any pics. I'm not sure if anyone wants to see it. I was thinking about joining the Nesters Tour of Homes, but I'm a couple of days late and many, many decorations short!

I'm ready for the weekend. Originally we were supposed to go to Dallas to Emil's parents to see the Nutcracker with my mom and the girls. I'm not sure now if we are going. I was thinking about going to Boerne and maybe do a little walking around there.. and then Santa's Ranch after. Who knows? I don't even know yet! I guess by Monday we will all know!

Next week our good long-time family friend will be coming to visit. He's done much research with AIDS and cancer. He's been published many, many times. Abdelkrim Alileche. You can go here to see the publication of the work that I had the privilege of helping him research in New York using lethal factor and non-lethal factor (with an inhibitor) Anthrax to kill cells, including cancer cells. That was truly an amazing experience. I fed cancer cells with Fetal Calf Serum. We watched them grow everyday and then depending which control they were given we would record the rate of necrosis, cell death.

Ok, ok.... I know I'm probably boring all of you with this.. so goodnight! I am looking forward to this weekend.. just to have this week over and relax. I know there are probably a ka-jillion spelling errors in here and I'm sorry! I'll spell check tomorrow! What are your plans for this weekend? Do you have family and friends coming or are you the lucky ones to be going?


0 comments:

Post a Comment