Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Parmesan Tomatoes - Super Easy, Super Good

I wanted to make a good, not too bad for us snack and my Papa Bear bought a lot of tomatoes,
......so......
I decided to try to make some simple Parmesan Baked Tomatoes.
First I sliced three Roma tomatoes and layered them on the non-stick Reynold's foil. 
{{If you haven't tried Reynold's Non-Stick Foil....you are SERIOUSLY missing out!!}}

I gave each tomato slice a sprinkle of salt, tiny dash of garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and a more generous dash of Italian seasoning.
Next, I sprinkled a very tiny dash of plain bread crumbs and a heap of Low-Fat Italian Blend cheese. 
I then sprinkled my Francesca Parmesan Basil & Oregano cheese blend on top. 

This Parmesan cheese blend was a special new item at H-E-B, so I thought I would give it a try.
It is really good!!! 
I baked the tomato slices on 350 for about 15 minutes. 

And then, my goodness.....
they were so good!!! 
A perfect mid-day snack.
My girls loved them!!!
The only thing I would change next time is to add the bread crumbs into the cheese and make a mixtures out of it. And add a bit more of the bread crumbs. I think that would be really good.
This was my first attempt at something new. 
There's always room for improvement!




0 comments:

Post a Comment