Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Playing Catch Up Again


With the one year anniversary of Mom's death coming so soon...gosh, I can't even believe I just typed that..it still seems so unreal...
I have been really sad...couple that with my neck and shoulder pain...
I've been one unhappy person.
I needed fresh air.
So I went to my happy place....
and took my babies with me.
There is nothing about this place that doesn't make me happy.
I love feeling the sun on my skin, hearing the water run over the rapids....
it soothes my soul. 
While it did nothing to ease the pain in my neck and shoulder,
it did calm the ache in my heart. 
My Papa Bear went to Oklahoma with his friend and on the way back he brought me a little present.
Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE Elvis!!!
He and his friend stopped at an antique store on the way home and he brought me two Elvis records and a framed picture.
Ahhhhh....he knows what makes my heart happy!
And I was just thinking how I would love to find a record player and buy some old records. 
When I was little Mom would always have something playing on her record player.
I love the clicks and pops on it.
We listed to Abracadabra and Leo Sayer probably thousands of times!
My red cutter rose gave me some beautiful blooms. 
I found an old glass jar and filled it with water for my roses.
My friend Pam came over and told me how pretty they were.
They went home with her. 
I've been enjoying more than I should of these....
my jeans aren't going to thank me later!! 
When did my baby get so big???
She's going to be a teenager next year.
Where did the time go??? 
And speaking of my baby....
she and CC have this obsession with me and Shaq.
They call him Shaq daddy.
She was snickering and giggling on her computer one evening
and this is what she created..... 
We also visited the Botanical Gardens.
I have always wanted to go. It was so beautiful!
There are just too many pictures for this post...it will need one of it's own.
~~**~~**~~**~~**~~
I did my first spinal injection.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, however, it didn't deliver the desired results.
 



1 comments:

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy

oooh, how I wish you were just a little closer ... We really need to plan a regular us time. . .

Post a Comment