Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Birchbox Product Reviews...

I read about Birchbox on several other blogs and decided to try it out...
once you receive your email, you pay $10 per month to receive a box full of sample
and occasionally full size products to try out.
The products range from hair products to make up to accessories to body wash, lotions and perfumes.
Basically what you do to sign up is complete some profile questions, likes and dislikes
and as soon as a spot becomes available, you are sent an email.
It's a fun, inexpensive way to try new products and you get a cute little "gift" in the mail each  month! 
I'm a little behind on my reviews...
but here are the ones I use the most....
This MAKE brand Dual Phase Eye Make Remover worked very well with light to moderate amounts of eye makeup. It didn't remove my mascara that well and I still had to use an make up remover pad, but otherwise it was good and it didn't feel oily afterwards.
I really, really like this Supergoop anti-aging eyecream with 37 SPF.
It went on and absorbed easily AND didn't make my eyes burn or hurt.
I plan on using quite a bit of this this summer!
I absolutely love this MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick in Taffy.
It goes on easy, doesn't feel greasy and lasted several hours.
I will be purchasing the full size and using it this spring/summer as well.
I can't say enough good things about it! 
I was really happy they sent dry shampoo because I have been wanting to try it for some time, but didn't want to spend money on something I wasn't sure I would like.
You spray it on, let it sit, then blow dry and brush it out.
...Oh...My...Goodness...
This stuff really works AND it adds volume!!!
I loved it!
My hair looked so good, not greasy or powdery. It didn't leave behind any residue.
It was wonderful. I have used it several times on day old hair.
I received a few other items... like a mood color changing nail polish, herbal hot teas, a shave cream and Sicilian body gel. My girls used these products and haven't yet given feedback, so they must have been pretty good!
--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--
Sooooo....if you haven't signed up for Birchbox do it here...
It's a great way to build up a little collection, try new items and get a little something fun in the mail each month.
My May 2013 Birchbox is coming today and I cannot wait!
--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--
We've had some rainy and cool weather the past few days.
I used to absolutely LOVE this type of weather, however, now with my neck and shoulder
this weather just aggravates it even more and I end up spending most of my day in pain and with a migraine headache.
Anyway, this weather makes me want to bake!
I made sausage rolls for breakfast one morning.
They are no where near how mama used to make them
but they were good and hit the spot!
I'm back to the doctor for a second day in a row later today.
I am getting so tired of this.
Here's to hoping something can be done to make me feel like me again!





2 comments:

Unknown

Hi April! Thank you so much for sharing about Birchbox. I have been looking for a sampling deal.
I'm going to check it out right now. :) So fun.

I'm sorry about the migraines. I get them too so I know what your going thru. Feel better.
~Liz

Rebecca Nelson

Hey Miss Apri...Well...I guess I have my head in the big fat sand box because I have NEVAH EVAH heard of this. Hmmm...must find out more.

Migraines...my girl gets them sometimes. I've only had ONE in my entire life. One was enough. Get better SOON!

xoRebecca

Post a Comment