Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Clarification on my last post...

First I want to say I'm....



If I offended anyone with my last post.
In no way am I saying obese people "give up". I know and understand everyone has different tolerance levels, stories, backgrounds and circumstances that have brought them to where they are. And not just weight wise, with life in general.
What I was trying to say was when does a person say "enough is enough" and decide to take action. I definitely said it wrong the first time and I apologize if I offended anyone.


I know the struggle it is to be overweight. All my life I've been heavier than I should be. I remember being 12 or 13 and having the flu. When the nurse weighed me I was under 100 pounds and I knew that in all honesty I'd never see that again in my life.
Age, kids, poor eating habits, hypothyroidism, lack of motivation and energy have all contributed to my weight gain. It's been a constant struggle. Always. Now that I work I have even less time to cook healthy meals and focus on me. I'm fortunate that my place of employment is HUGE... a mile from one end to the next. We figured it out that just taking our breaks, walking to the restroom or one of the cafeteria's puts us at roughly a mile or so walking a day.
I can't say I'm going to keep up with this change. I know I want to. I want it more than the thousand other times I've started then quit. And I'm paying $200 a month for us to go. I need to get all the bang for my buck that I can.
Again, I deeply apologize for my words not coming across correctly. I am by no leans judging or putting down anyone. I am that person...the obese person who is not happy with the way I look or the way I feel. I want energy. I want to run a mile with out stopping. I want to set small goals for myself so that I can accomplish things I couldn't before. And I want to say I'm sorry I didn't say it right the first time.
- Posted using BlogPress from myww iPhone


1 comments:

Melissa

Thank you. Have a great day. :)

Post a Comment