Friday, February 17, 2012

Coffee, Rain, Hair, Changes

I have been wasting lots of time on Pintrest lately, whenever I get a few seconds. I found this picture and loved it!

This morning when I woke up it was drizzling and nasty looking outside. It was so hard to get up and get moving. I had thrown away a piece of cake last night and when I woke up this morning and saw this.... of course, it wasn't Luigi that dug in the trash and ate a piece of cake!

I knew it was going to be a big cup of coffee kinda day.


The weather was so nasty and wet. I know it's important to drive safely when it's wet but sometimes drivers create more traffic and dangerous conditions. I think it's pretty sad when the slow lane moves faster than the fast lane. Because of over cautious drivers, drivers talking on the phone and texting, people oblivious that the third lane is for passing only, what normally takes me an hour to an hour and a half tops took me three hours today!

But we put on some music and entertained ourselves....


Maybe a large Diet Dr. Pepper and Extreme Sour Patch Kids wasn't a good combination....


I might have a had a good sized headache by the time we got where we were going. But it's those crazy, frustrating, loud, fun moments like that, that I live for!
We came home and it was still raining. It's pouring right now, we are under a Flash Flood watch. CC and I decided to clean..at midnight. I guess that's what you do when you are gone running around all day!



Yesterday we took CC's pants to get altered and snapped a few pictures.






We went to the bookstore to buy Lena "Charlotte's Web" for her literature class. That girls is already in chapter 12!
I found a book I am putting on my wish list. I browsed through it last night and it looks really good! I checked prices on half.com. I'm pretty sure that's where I'll end up purchasing it from. I can't wait to get it!


I am also desperate for a new hair cut. I was offered the job last week that I had applied and interviewed for. I am super excited but also super, SUPER nervous about the change of going back to work, not being here with my girls, and not helping Papa Bear out with the business. Changes happen. Some good, some bad. It's how we approach them that determines how we interpret them. I am looking forward to this transition positively.
ANYWAY, back to the subject at hand, hair... I found a few styles that I like. These are my top two.




I also plan on coloring my hair before I start. I definitely don't want a head full of grey on my badge photo!

~~~~

I'm off to do some reading in bed while listening to the rain come down. I told my mom since I was let go from work in 2010, all I wanted was to stay home and have it pour down rain, all day, and I would be stuck inside, listening to and watching the rain. With the drought of last year that didn't happen. Now the Farmer's Almanac is showing the first week of March we will have lots of rain. So there goes my chance of being stuck at home in the rain again...that's when I start my new job! Oh well....it's been raining lightly all day and evening and occasionally it pours nice and hard. I better go grab the chance to read and listen to the rain while I have the chance!


0 comments:

Post a Comment