Sunday, February 26, 2012

Austin Pizza Garden & A Night Out

Lena had been wanting to try out this pizza restaurant in Austin called Austin Pizza Garden. It's located in the James A. Patton building the "old rock store" that is over 100 years old. I didn't expect the food to be very good, but I'm a sucker for old buildings and thought it would be neat to see what was inside.
The food was amazing!!! We were so surprised. I think it may just be a new favorite!
This pizza had spinach, feta cheese, olives and sun-dried tomatoes...delicious!

This was a bacon, onion, fresh tomatoes and basil.



I fell in love with the interior. These pictures were taken with my cell phone and it was around 10 p.m., so the picture quality is not that great.




I wished the fire had been going while we were there. It was certainly chilly enough.


And look at those original floors...


Saturday we spent the day inside doing a whole lot of nothing. I NEVER have days like that, and since I start work in a week, I took advantage at the chance. The girls played on the Wii and the computer, and I watched Netflix movies, Anastasia and Bed & Breakfast.

Papa Bear called me around 8 and asked me if I wanted to go to the Marriott bar with him. I really needed a little time away to have a drink (just one) and talk with friends. I have been so nervous about starting my new job. I have been so nervous about it that the past two weeks I have been having chest pains and tightness and heart palpatations. Not fun!

Anyway, I ordered their onion rings. They were good. Nothing spectacular. For $10 for 8 onion rings you would have expected something much, much better. Oh well, you are paying for the ambience I guess.


I did, however, like my drink...Cool Runnings. It had blue caraco, rum, vodka and some other things. I'm not a drinker, so the one drink was just right for me. It was fruity and sweet and girly and I really liked it.


And before we left CC was showing me how to marinate and make Herbes de Provence trout. We may have just had a few glasses of white wine while cooking..... so the one big drink at the Marriott was more than enough for me.

I really enjoyed spending some one on one time with my Papa Bear. We NEVER get to...never. And like the old couple we are, we were home by 11:30 and that was just fine with me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment