Monday, September 5, 2011

Beautiful Day & Brush Fire

Today was the first day in a long time that we had nice temperatures. The news said today we have had 53 straight days of temps over 100!! So, this morning I woke the girls up and Luigi, loaded us all up, called Mom and headed to the park.
Luigi was so busy playing this was the best picture I got of him in the dog park.

I think everyone was happy to have such nice, cool weather because the park was busy! It was hard to find parking! Mom said she has been looking forward to this day for a long, long time!
I loved these cactus there, and the red buds on them.

This big old tree is one of my favorites as well.


Mom's car alarm went off in the middle of our walk, so we had to turn around to cut it off. When we made it back to the girls, they were sitting in a little rest area. Luigi was pooped!


Mom and Lena got ahead of CC and me. I snapped this pic. I love it! I think it needs to be framed.




At the end of the walk Luigi decided he had had enough. Right before I snapped this picture he laid down and for a minute we didn't think we would be able to get him back up!


We came home and Emil was sitting in the back yard enjoying the cool temperature and the breeze. We finally got to hear our wind chime that we brought back from Galveston chime. Charlie wanted to be outside with us. I think he enjoyed the cooler weather too!






I laid down on Emil's chair and just relaxed. It was soooo nice!


The girls and I went to the grocery store to buy a few things we needed for lunch. On the way out I received an alert that there was a large brush fire in my area. My sister called and said she too had heard it and wanted to check on us. When we left H-E-B we saw the thick smoke billowing not far from our subdivision. We got home and put the news on.


I took some of these photos from my friends facebook and some from the KSAT website.




Apparently a city truck was in this park and it ignited somehow causing this fire that raged for over three hours. Two apartment complexes had to be evacuated.






We were glued to the TV watching it's progress.. For a while there it started getting closer to our area and it was a little scary. For the most part it was about 3.5 miles away. The high winds kept igniting hot spots making it hard to completely put out.










Emil made us such a great lunch... in fact we are still so full it doesn't look like we will be wanting dinner!


Grilled patties, waffle fries and fried pickles!






It was delicious!!


After our late lunch we laid down and took a little nap. I went back outside with Lena to relax and enjoy the coolness. I heard some banging in the kitchen and saw CC making cookies. I snapped a quick picture through the window... I think it's time to clean the windows again.


Aside from the fire, this has been a wonderful day!!

Yesterday we went to Ikea.... I found this desk/table that I completely fell in love with. It is exactly what I have been wanting. Lena wants the chair...the chair costs more than the table!

And I found this entertainment center that is EXACTLY what I have envisioned for our living room.....

Tomorrow it's back to school. I have spent this whole weekend studying and that is exactly what I am going to do now....study some more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment