Saturday, July 25, 2009

A little bit of everything

I love love love this time of the morning. The house is quiet. Everyone's asleep. I hear faint breathing and occassional snores coming from their rooms. The birds are chirping outside, eating Luigi's food. And he's letting them! (Some gun dog!) Charlie has been fed...twice and had his water. The house is just still. Peaceful. I can think. Smell my coffee. Enjoy this time. My time. Once everyone start waking up it's a non-stop tornado blowing through here. Have you noticed no matter how much you .... there is Luigi jumping on the back door... anyway... it doesn't matter how often you sweep or wash dishes it is never finished. NEVER! I can sweep this kitchen five, six times a day and before I go to bed it ALWAYS needs another sweeping. Same thing with the dishes. I wash them as soon as we use them. But there are always dishes in the sink. How does this happen?

I am going (Luigi's back) to try to post more pics again. Ok.. now Luigi's fed and watered. Maybe I can get back to my post now. So I downloaded pics from my camera and I am going to try to put them all on here. This could be a long post. Unless someone wakes up or I get too frustrated trying!

I have been whining.. yes, whining is the appropriate word... for a rose bush. My husband would always tell me just wait, when we redo the front yard I'll get you one. Ok, I've been hearing this for five years.... when is the time going to come?!?!? Well, CC took matters into her own hands and one weekend while she was staying with my mom they went to a nursery. CC bought this beautiful rose bush for me with her own money she had saved up. That made it all the more special to me!

It's called a black velvet rose, coeur de dame, I think. The buds, after blooming, are red but the red continues to deepen and get darker until it almost looks so dark red it's black.

A close-up of the bloom. It's not yet "black" and I wish I would have gotten a picture of THAT bloom!

Well, I got two pretty roses from it. I decided to put it outside where it could get fresh air and sunlight. I noticed that the blooming had stopped. So I transfered it to a bigger pot. I don't want to put it in the ground yet in case we do move to a bigger house. I would then put it by my bedroom window! It means so much to me because Sierra bought it for me and it was one of the sweetest surprises I have ever had! So I transfered it to a bigger pot. I never saw another bloom from it however, it continues to grow new shiny leaves. It is always so exciting for me to see the new leaves coming up. I always think it is a new bud because they are such a dark red color. But new leaves are fine with me! I think the shock of the transfer is finally over!

This is what it looks like now!

One day at Wal-Mart with my mom I found this hibiscus on sale for $5! I have never owned one before but I know they are beautiful. Infact when I bought this one there was not even one flower on it, just green and yellow leaves. I thought "What the heck? It's only $5!" Mom warned me that hibiscus are difficult plants and not to be disappointed if it dies on me, they get root-rot very easily. Well, a couple of days after I bought it the leaves started drooping, no flowers. Ok, great, mom was right, I killed it. Darn! I gave it a good watering. Texas was all ready experiencing 100 degree days. The next morning it perked right up. No flowers though. As soon as the leaves started looking a little down I give her some water and before too long she was blessing me with beautiful little buds about the size of my pinky finger in the mornings when I left for work.

When I came home she looked like this!!!!

I love my hibiscus. Again, if I knew for certain we we're upgrading to a bigger house I would plant her as well. But these are my first plants that haven't died. We are forming a relationship. I don't want to abandon them here if we move!

This beautiful bouquet is from my wonderful husband for out anniversary. We had fought that day, can't remember what for. See how meaningless those things can be? But it was our anniversary and I would LOVE to be able to tell you how many years, but I can never remember what year we got married in. I always have to look at my bracelet where he engraved the date and year on it for me. I am pretty sure it was 2002. We've been together 14 years and married for 7. So it has to be 2002..right? Anyway, we were arguing that day and he let me out at the house. We didn't speak that whole afternoon. I cooked dinner for him. It was something he liked but again, can't remember what. Then I went to be early. I had to wake up early for work, nothing romantic was going to happen. We hadn't even talked. I gave him his gifts, clothes and colognes and then I went to bed. When I woke up for work the next morning I found this one the table for me. I almost cried!!

I didn't yet have on my contacts or glasses so I all I could really make out was the roses. I said "Oh my God!" Then I noticed the card and said a louder "Oh my God!" Then finally I saw the cd's I had been wanting and again whining for forever and said "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" THEN the tears started! He is so wonderful! I love my papa bear so much! I could never and would never want to imagine my life with anyone else! He truly completes me and I love that I love him more and appreciate him more everyday...more than I did the day before.
A close up of my beautiful roses. I even have this as a screensaver on my phone.

How can I get my roses to look like this?

Last Saturday Emil hurt his knee playing soccer at my friend Lisa's house. He was playing with Lisa and Stas's son Jakob. This is not the day it actually happened...but you get the idea. He was playing soccer with a 7 year old. On a 7 yr olds backyard "soccer field" and he tore his miniscus.

Lisa called me and told me. He came home limping and moaning and groaning. I told him... you never go to the doctor. We have insurance for a reason. If you're not going to go I don't want to hear a word about it. All day Sunday he laid in bed. Monday he called me at work begging me to come home early and take him to the ER. I did. After x-rays they found he tore his miniscus.If it does not heal on its own in 4-6 weeks he will more than likely have to have surgery.

He is Emil and Luigi, the above mentioned door jumper, window knocker of a dog. Yes he is HUGE!! He weighs around 120 lbs! He is really just a big ol' baby!

Even Luigi like roses! This picture was taken by Sierra.

Try telling Luigi this is Sierra's bed! He pushes her off. I go check on them in the morning and this is what I see. Luigi on the bed.. Sierra on the floor!

And of course anyone who knows me.. knows my Charlie. He is nine years old this month. (Terrible..I know my cats birthday but can't remember my anniversary!) He's my baby boy, my angel, my sweetheart, my love.... he is mine!

I have a better picture of this, I need to find it. He is so fat that it is often more comfortable for him to lean against the wall to clean himself!!

Ok... I think I did good. My fingers ache. It took me about an hour. I got pictures on here. I was going to post more pics from our weekend with my nephews but I am too tired. Again, as usual, there HAS to be an easier way to put pics on my blog. I will keep working at it.


Post a Comment