Thursday, February 7, 2013

You Win Some & You Lose Some




I was super excited to try Mix and Match Mama's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cake. So on my days off this week I purchased the ingredients, invited my friend over for a light lunch and what was supposed to be a really delicious desert.
Hhmpf....
I sprayed my pan, let it cool, but for some reason the top 1/3 of the cake didn't feel like leaving the Bundt pan.


And that's where the really goooood part of the cake was. So I was left with this...


And that is exactly how we've been eating it. The cake itself is just so sweet, I don't think it would be edible had I frosted it.
So this cake was an epic fail, in presentation.
I'm helplessly addicted to Pinterest. And I've been thinking of all the really good recipes I pin. I have yet to really try my hand at making any of them. So I browsed through my several boards of food-related pins and found my next conquest...
Chubby Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos. How good does that sound?


~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
This past Saturday we went to an assembly and CC caught up with her friend David that she used to go to school with.


And she wore the super cute heels I bought her.


Lena wore her first pair of heels.


And I was smart and wore my old, comfy flats. Guess whose feet DIDN'T hurt at the end of the day...ha!

Ahhh, my days off pass too quickly. The latter part of my work week begins. Though I work ten hour days, it is nice to have it broken up, working only two days then having two (or one) day off in between. The good news is...only six more work days before my super long very over due vacation starts! Ohhh, that's going to be so nice!!
So in anticipation of my vacation I'll end the post with a little Frank....
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


0 comments:

Post a Comment