Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Luminaria & Persian New Year 2011

Saturday night, after a full day of running around, Mom, the girls and I decided to go downtown to the 2nd annual Luminaria, a celebration of arts coming to life!
CC loved this building and asked me to take a picture of it.
As we were walking to Hemisfair Park this was the scene we saw. The weather was cool, the breeze crisp and we had a wonderful time!!
The buildings had changing light patterns and mini-movies on them. It was so neat to see the alternating colors and shapes and designs.
I absolutely LOVED the entrance to Hemisfair Park. It was beyond beautiful!!

There were four different stages with all types of music and dancing. There were all types; from classical to indie to jazz and belly dancing, flamenco, ballet...you name it!
And there were clowns....huge, sparkly clowns!!

Mom got brave and took a photo with one. The girls were too scared to do it!
Another of the many exhibits were these light installations. They were made of some type of thin, light weight plastic. They were so beautiful illuminated against the dark grass.
These looked like huge gemstones in such vivid pretty colors!
Sunday Papa Bear, CC and I went to Austin after church. Lena stayed with Mom. We had a late lunch/early dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Oh! My!! Word!!! That has to be THE BEST steak I have ever had in my life. It was honestly beyond words good!! It just melted in your mouth and it was so flavorful! Superb!! And the prices.... unbelievable! I will NEVER go to Outback again. Texas Roadhouse gives you million dollar plates at a pizza price!! UN-BEE-LEAVE-ABLE!!
Tuesday afternoon Mom and Andre invited the girls and I to go celebrate the Persian New Year (Nowruz) with them. I was so tired and not really feeling it but decided to load the girls up and go anyway. I am so glad I did. We had a blast!!!
Here is mom and Andre!
I even saw my former boss there from my waitressing days. He was so happy to see me and I was happy to see him. It was nice to catch up!!
There was so much delicious food. You were not required to bring a dish but many people did and there was enough food for everyone.
Everyone got along well and were all talking, laughing and having fun. There were older people, younger people, people dressed casually and some REALLY dressed up. It was so much fun!
They had a Persian DJ there playing Persian music. It was so neat to listen to. As the night went on more and more people hit the dance floor.
I actually took a couple of videos of the people dancing but I forgot to load them. I might come back and do that later. Maybe.
So far my spring break has been nothing but work, work, work. Just today I was able to sit down and look at the homework I am supposed to be studying. I'm not complaining though. I'm happy to have work and happy to have homework. I'm just tired and well, wanting a break! Just a small one though.
On another note....my roses are all starting to bud. I am sooooooo excited!!! I can't wait to cut my first roses and have a nice, fresh spring bouquet on my table!!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful, fun and relaxing spring break!


3 comments:

Unknown

How fun, April. I soooo love Texas Roadhouse, we always look for them when we travel. Glad you had such a delightful time.

Happy St. Paddy's Day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17
http://blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com/2011/03/swing-high-swing-love-csn-giveaway.html

Donnie

Wow April. when do you guys ever rest...lol...Fun post as always. Have a great week.

Mrs Twins

Hi April, 'sranger!'
How are you?
This is such a wonderful post, must have took you ages to compile it!
Great info and photographs, I have really enjoyed my visit,thanks for sharing and your kind comments!
love suex

Post a Comment