Sunday, December 21, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Green Beans

Weekends are the only time I really have to cook as much as I would like. Most nights after work I prepare us a home cooked meal...but on weekends it's certainly not as rushed.

I had taken a cornish hen out to defrost and knew we were going to have stuffing with it, but I also wanted to include something green. I immediately thought about bacon wrapped asparagus, but not everyone in the family likes asparagus.
We've been on a fresh green bean kick lately, so I thought..."Hey, if you can wrap asparagus in bacon, you surely can wrap green beans in bacon...."
And so I did.
First I rinsed and boiled a large bag of fresh green beans for about 10-15 minutes. 
I added salt, pepper and garlic powder to the water. 
In a side pan I lightly cooked long strips of bacon. I literally just let each side lightly brown before removing it. I would say each piece was left no more than one minute on each side. 
In a small sauce pan I combined:
4 tsps of butter
1/2 tsp of soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
dash of salt
Stir until melted and combined. 
I love Reyonld's non+stick foil and use it all the time. I think it's the best invention ever. It makes cleaning a snap!!
So, I lined my pan with my non-stick foil. 
I spread out each slice of bacon and placed around 15 green beans in it. I brushed my above mixture on the green beans and wrapped up my bundle. 
I also sprinkled a little sea salt over each bundle. 
I popped these babies in the over for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees. 
Oh  my goodness....
There are no words...seriously no words.
It was the best part of our dinner. 
Everyone loved them! 
Lena told me I better hide what's left or she's going to finish them. Papa Bear loved the smokey taste. They were just plain delicious!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment