Thursday, March 5, 2009

My First Blog...

Ok... here goes. I have never done anything like this.. and I suppose over time this will allow me to vent many complaints, keep online journal, connect with family and friends and who knows what else. I hope that I can actually keep up with this.

So I am married to a wonderful man. We've been together for almost 14 years. We have two wonderful children (who this blog will more than likely be about). We are just now entering the teen years with our 13 year old daughter, Sierra. OH MAN!!! I didn't expect the things we are beginning to encounter... AND ... she's only been 13 for a month! I'm scared to know what the future holds in that department. So for now we are trying to instill in her good solid morals, let her know their can be very bad consequences to some of the things she may be pressured into doing and most of all to let her know that she can say "NO", she must respect herself before anyone else will respect her and me and her dad are always here for her with anything that may come up. If she is honest with us we will help her out and help her through it... if we find out she lied.. well... there's another story.

Lena, our 8 year old is really a character. She is funny, silly, strong, emotional, a clown, sweet, loving, mean, sneaky and too much more to name. She can make you feel better in an instance but also knock you down just as fast. For instance... I had recently begun going to electrolysis and needed to make another appointment. Lena was looking real close at my face and said, "Mom, does that Grace lady still work in daddy's building doing electrolysis? Because you really need to go!" NICE!!! What a way to pick me up and make me feel better! BUT... on the other hand I can always go to her for an honest opinion about what I am wearing.. she may hurt my feelings but at least she's honest.

I guess for now that is it. I need to start my cleaning. The dog decided to pee on my big chair in the living room so now not only do I get to sweep and mop, I also get to clean the chair with soapy water! WONDERFUL!!!


1 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments

I like to go to a blogger's first post to read a bit about why, how or what got a blog started...and maybe a bit about the blogger :o) You have cute girls! Our 3 children are grown, so my hubby and I are "empty nesters"...waiting for future grandbabies!

Blessings & Aloha!
If you get a chance to stop by, please do...and if you do, please leave a comment so that I know you were there :o) On this past post: http://personalizedsketchesandsentiments.blogspot.com/2011/06/kiddie-rhymes-and-games.html I wrote a little about the fun rhymes and games played when I lived in San Antonio :o)

Post a Comment