Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ready For Fall.....


I love fall...it's my favorite time of year. Not only does it mean (slightly) cooler temperatures.....

It also means an emergence of beautiful colors...
sadly our trees don't change leaves,
but you can find lots of browns, golds and oranges on porches and in stores...
 The girls and I are evening thinking about trying to grow our own pumpkins next year...
We love to make pumpkin pie, bread, and salted seeds.... 
 Fall also brings family time in the kitchen...
There is just something about that time of year that makes me want to bake....
and try new soups recipes....
There is nothing like a homemade soup, lounging in pajamas, watching TV
and hearing the wind blow and rustle my grapevine outside.....
I wish it could be fall all year 'round! 
I have a weakness for acorns...
At work I was selected to head a project for the next one and half months...
Of course, the theme everyone assumed we would take was "football"
and yes, that is indicative of fall, it's just not what I imagined..
There will be tons of fall colors, squirrels and of course,
acorns!
I would love more than anything to bring fall inside my home...
though the temperatures may only drop to the low 90's,
I can turn the air very low.....

Light some fall-scented candles 
and soak in the ambiance....
And how cute are the owl votives???
I am slightly obsessed with owls right about now....
much to CC's dismay!!
hahaha!
How fun and cute would these decorations be near the fireplace or on the porch?


 I wish we had real seasons here so we could enjoy the true "fall" that nature brings.
I try to take the girls to pumpkin patches, take some photos
and of course stop by Starbucks...
Honestly, I am truly not looking forward to Starbucks bringing back
their Pumpkin Spice Latte...
 Especially since my desk at work is only one section down from
one of our three Starbucks in the building....
 I better find a good "skinny" version of it...
or buy a couple of pairs of jeans one size bigger!!
This week the temps have been a tad cooler,
and by a tad cooler I mean highs of 97
not 100!
But I'll take it...
What I can't wait for is when our evening temps
starting dipping into the 60's!
That's when we can put on a scarf 
and take our evening walks....
Oh fall, please hurry!


0 comments:

Post a Comment