Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Interesting

I have no pics today. I don't really feel like fighting with this and posting.. but I don't have any to post anyway.

Today was a pretty good day. I only worked four hours... went in at six and off at ten. I felt like I pretty much had the day off. It was so nice. HOWEVER.... I fell asleep on the couch with Emil around seven and woke up after eight. Not a good idea. I hope I still sleep well tonight.

We made tarragon chicken breasts, brown basalmic rice and Emils Korean cabbage salad. Delicious!! I am posting the recipe for the salad later on. I need Emil to translate the exact measurements for me. He found this Korean recipe on his Russian website... Imagaine That!!

I just put a batch of brownies in the oven. Sierra usually makes brownies but she's been kinda grumpy about it lately so I did it on my own. And the batter tastes pretty good!

While mixing the brownies I was listening to the channel Emil had on. I heard the most interesting thing I've heard in a long while. The chef was talking about figs. Emil always told me about the fig trees all around him growing up in Armenia. Anyway, the chef was saying that wasps have something to do with the pollination of figs. He said there are over 900 different varieties of figs and over 900 different types of wasps. If one species of wasps became extinct, the particular type of fig they pollinate would become extinct as well. Imagine That!! How very, very interesting!!

Ok... just wanted to add that here before I forget... I am on my tenth post now. Wow! I feel so proud. And they are coming not months apart! There is hope for me yet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment